IGNORED

Retrofitting Fuel Injection into 73 from 75 -76, 77-78, 79-83)

wantazee

I'm thinking of retrofitting a fuel injection system into a 1973 240Z. What are the differences in the different systems and is there a better system to be using. I'm not concidering the 280ZX Turbo at this point. I was thinking that a 79 - 83 ZX system may be easier to retro. Any thoughts?

It is a considerable amount of work as you need all of the wiring, sensors, relays, etc pertinent to the fuel injection swap. This has been discussed in great detail here and on Zcar.com, just do a search in the forum on the topic.

While I guess I agree with everyone wanting the lighter tub with the fuel injection, however in my opinion its easier to buy a 280 as the work has already been completed. The 75 has a very early style feel to the interior and you can ditch the heavy bumpers and swap to the early 260 or 240 bumpers....

wantazee - I have this on my car now - I installed a '78 N47 head on a '72 L24. The head bolts right on. All the wiring is adding to existing - no cutting of stock req'd. At the same time I put the '78 electronic ignition on. The combination (F.I. L24) makes for a very reliable starting engine - not to mention the F.I. makes the L24 revv even faster than the carbs did. I am very glad that I did the upgrade.

- Jeff