IGNORED

Control arm bushings

XYZ

I'm looking to replace all my worn bushings on my car and I was looking thru a catalog that had an option for urethane control arm bushings (no adjustment) or a camber bushing set (adjustment of 1 1/2 degrees). I'm wondering if the camber bushing set is worth the trouble over upgrading the basic bushing set. It seems the camber set is good for more adjustment and also bad because its another thing to adjust on the vehicle. How much does tire size play in this decision? I'm sure use of the vehicle comes into play as well. I'm not racing just looking to have fun on the weekends.

I have a similar question regarding tension/compression rod kits the aluminum socket and and ball set over a basic replacement set.

I went with urethane every where. Nonadjustable camber, and standard thrust rod, but urethane. But I kept the same aspect ratio on my tires 205/60/15in. If you go to a real low profile it will change the camber and adjustments may be helpful. No fun wearing out a brand new pair of expensive tires b/c you cant get them in line. Been there. It is easy to get a z too stiff.... in my opinion. I think a good set up for street driving would be new stock springs, new rubber bushings, adjustable gas struts, and larger sway bars. Using a 205/60/15 tire. I think the rubber gives better insulation, but not as stiff. Something to consider.

Ernest