IGNORED

Max tire width on 7" rim on front of 260Z

Murph

I learnt a few lessons last night...

1. Really sideways zed with an open diff=unpredictable.

3. Sitting on top of the rear axle throws you around a bit when it does hook up.

2. Zed with $^!# tires = like ice skating, in the wet.

I'm also finding that even with these shitty tires I'm getting a decent amount of body roll in the corners. Around 90 deg bends it'll unweight the inside rear and spin it up......well either that or go sideways. :D

I haven't played with tire pressures yet. I'll have to check them next time I take it out.

New shocks and springs all round. Mustache bar bushes have been replaced, but none of the other major ones in the rear end. A few in the front end have been done.

Another question: I get a fair bit of bump steer in my zed.....eg I'll be coming around a corner and I hit some bumps in the road, and they will turn the steering wheel. Again, sometimes not the most confidence inspiring feeling. Anyone else get this? Is it normal for a zed?

I think what you are describing as bumpsteer is just in fact steering feedback. Bump steer as I understand it is when the suspension compresses, the angle of the wheel changes, so the steering wheel itself stays the same, but the angle of the front wheel changes. Is just holding the wheel tighter an option, or is it a serious problem?