IGNORED

Valve train rework

emitch

You've all seen some bizarre posts here, but this one may well be near the top.

I've just agreed to buy a valve grinder and seat grinder, with no intention of using it commercially. It's solely to support local Z enthusiasts and whoever else wants to participate in low-cost high-value engine rework. I'll also be attempting to develop a rework procedure for rocker arms. Obviously, this is not hi-performance work, but an attempt to assist the bottom-feeder (I know you're out there).

Since I have no knowledge of this process, and no one to teach me, I'll be learning by doing, which leads to the point.

If you have any surplus, but salvageable, valves (44mm intakes and 35mm exhaust only, both lengths), springs, shims, retainers, keepers, or rockers, please contact me off-list to reach some arrangement whereby I can acquire a large amount of practice material. If you can accept some risk and some delay, you can get a cheap valve regrind out of the deal.

E. E. "Mitch" Mitchamore