IGNORED

cheap paint dress up

zero

Ben,

I always took you for a waxing sort of guy. You surprise me. I have been using a polymer sealer and glazing system made by Klasse lately. But if I may... - ...point out some things and make some comments.

Metallic blue / light blue is probably the worst color for sun damage and fading. Your color will only last as long as you care for it. Red colors are similar. The clay bars are effective for removing environmental polution damage as dust fuses with the paint surface. Keep the surface you are working with the clay bar very wet and lubricated. I fold the clay bar over on itself every now and then to get a clean surface and not wipe the dirt it is picking up. Very light pressure wiping motions. You will feel the surface clean up. Clay cleaning is serious and should only be done occasionally. Normal waxing cleaners should keep the paint surface free from the contaminants most of the time.

There are waxes and then there are waxes. No fooling you get what you pay for and the better stuff gives you better looking results. But wax evaporates. My car sits out most of the day and in the Florida sun, I wax every month. Then I bought this stuff called Klasse from a club member and I swear by it. My latest secret car shine goo. It says to use it every six months, but I have been doing the car every three.

Back to zero's original question about what to do with a crappy paint job. The only way to get the runs and puddles out is to sand them - as suggested, block wet-sand with 600 grit and finer. Buffing the car may be the easiest solution for the most immediate satisfaction. It is well worth the cost to take it to a detailer and have it done. Then you can become a waxing queen.

Remember: a waxed car is 5mph faster.