IGNORED

transmission maintenance

frankensteinZ

Hey I have my tranny on the floor after I just put on a new dual friction clutch. I was wondering since I have the tranny out is there anything I should do as far as maintenace on it. Also this is going to sound dumb but where the hell does the tranny fluid go?

Back after a nice long summer in the Z.........

Frankenstein Z

Originally posted by frankensteinZ

........is there anything I should do as far as maintenace on it. Also this is going to sound dumb but where the hell does the tranny fluid go?

If you don't have any leaks, just refill with gear oil. If it leaks at the front or rear, change the appropriate seal. The gear oil is added via the plug near where the speedo cable is installed. Good Luck,

Carl

The fill hole will be located around the middle of the tranny about half way up the side. It is plugged with what looks like a regular pipe plug with a square head on it about 3/4" square. Fill until the fluid just begins to run out. And make sure the tranny is level when filling it up.