Interchange guide/book - Parts Swapping - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Interchange guide/book

Featured Replies

I used to have a bookmark for an Z car interchange guide or book you can buy from some website. Does anybody know about it?

Thx.

  • 4 months later...

For some things you can use almost any online salvage yard look up, IE;

www.car-parts.com

all of the yards subscribe to the same interchange database (The Hollander Interchange) it is correct for most major assemblies-not little pieces, interior, trim, or wiring. It will not tell you that a L24 can be repolaced by a L28ET, but it will give you strictly bolt (those requiring absolutely no modification) on interchange info from similar cars of close model years

I had a link to a boneyard udgrade list, but it is now dead,

  • Author

HLS30--

the interchange book I remember seeing was just to tell yuou what parts from other cars were suitable for swap, like brakes, trans, etc.

BTW, On your web site, the term "roadster" is incorrect. I have it from an "expert" that a roadster is an open-air cockpit car. LOL

some people...:disappoin

Some people(I do too!) call a 1968 Datsun 2000 a ROADSTER. Mine just happens to have a removeable hardtop on it at the moment! Next, I suppose you will tell me that any convertible with its top up is not a roadster either!

Shees, there IS one-er, two in every group...

I would (post a Monty Python sound byte) in your general direction, but MP3s are not valid attatchments here!

I remember a Site that had something to the effect of "Would you shop for performance parts at the junkyard?" in its metatags that had a list of easily exchanged parts for our cars, but I haven't tripped over it lately-that goofy Google-do what I mean, not what I say...

  • 2 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.