IGNORED

Vent Hoses for tank 1971 240

Al Squillante

Originally posted by Al Squillante

I know I have seen some discussions on the replacement of the vent hose to the fuel tank. I can't find them in the threads. There was a discussion of using standard vent hose and stainless tubing for the curves. Any advie for replacement hoses or originals would be appreciated/

Al

MSA sells the hoses. I would only buy the one with the 180 degree bend formed into it. For the other hoses I would (and have) use generic fuel/oil rated hose of the appropriate diameter.

You can find an article in SportZ Magazine describing the vent hose replacement process.

PS Here is a site with info on the job. HERE!

Carl

Thanks for getting back to me. I wound up taking the right and rear panels off and decided to cut the two hoses that needed replacement. The hoses protected by the interior of the car are in good shape. I am going to splice on new hose . All I need is the 5/8 and 5/16 hose . the other was already replaced. Once I get this done tomorrow I can get the tank ain and see how the engine runs. One step leads to another.