Shift knob: what is it made of? - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Shift knob: what is it made of?

Featured Replies

Im looking at buying a 73 240z 4 speed and the shift knob is weird. It like...marble, or some sort of rock and its really heavy. On top it says 240z in gold I think. I cant find it online anywhere, anyone know what it is?

sounds like an MSA after market knob...definitely not stock, though

  • Author

Yep, MSA. Good call on that one, its multicolored onyx and says 240z

yeah I like the stock looking wooden style gearknob mine has been replaced and was looking at getting an original one, but at $50 US nearly $100 AUD I think I'll wait.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

I knew I had seen shift nobs for cheaper than $50.00US somewhere. I searched through my vendor links and found that Motorsport Auto has the best price and selection on shift nobs I've ever seen on the internet. Wonder if I could get it by this weekend... I just bought 2.

Originally posted by alien-e

I knew I had seen shift nobs for cheaper than $50.00US somewhere. I searched through my vendor links and found that Motorsport Auto has the best price and selection on shift nobs I've ever seen on the internet. Wonder if I could get it by this weekend... I just bought 2.

Only need to pay $50 if you want the OEM knob, It is getting more expensive as stock availability declines. Any other knob should be cheep to buy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.