IGNORED

Chrome Painting

Zlishous

lightly sandblast your bumpers.Then spray with epoxy primer.The sandblast just roughs up the bumper for the epoxy to adhere.I did mine black 11 years ago.Still look great.I think the window frame is stainless .I'll check with my paint buddy and see if the same will work.

Eastwoods has a paint they call Bumper Black. It's in a spray can but after using some of their other spray can paint when I was re-painting my suspension pieces I'm going to give it a try. They recommend using their self-etching primer under it so if you have it sand blasted or maybe even media blasted first you could give it a try. The paints are fairly inexpensive, and the quality might be a little better than some, then again, proof is in the use and as yet I haven't tried it.

• 2 weeks later...

The trim around the windshield and rear window does pull out quite easily, but you have to be careful not to bend it. It is also a major PITA to put back in. :mad: Especially if you put new gaskets in, not so bad when you leave the old gaskets in because they have more flex but the old gaskets may tear. You will have to decide on that.

I would do the quarter windows and door window frame as they are, unless you are taking out the quarter windows to replace the gaskets.

2Many thanks, I was talking about the thin chrome piece that goes across the top of the door (or should I say the edge of the roof?) over the top of the quarter and side window, do you just pull this piece off?

Thanks again,

Zlish:confused:

Sorry, forgot about that one. Yes, it just pulls off. Just be careful that you don't twist it, it sometimes can be tough to pull off as rust sometimes forms under it at the weld joint it is covering. I usually use a putty knife, once you get a small section up use the putty knife to pull it up. I have had some cars where you could pull it off with no problem so if it hasn't been off for a while just take your time. When you put it back on you can just use a small rubber hammer to tap it down.