IGNORED

Help>>> Its Smoking 73' 240

rudds67

hi,

i put some mystrye oil in the crank case and some gas treatment in.. now it is smoking ... the color of the smoke is white.. so its the gas right..? as i rev it up>> it smokes out a ton and some comes from the engine conpartment... also its leakin oil from some where... i jacked it up and it was driping from the exhouast pipe connector that runs in to the header... ithink is driping from some where on to that.... my dad said its not B/C of what i put in it.... but idk.....#@#$?

steve

Long live the Z ROFL

First of all why did you add the stuff to the engine?? Was the engine smoking before ? How much mystery oil did y ou add to the crankcase ? Are you driving this car, or just running it in place? The white smoke , does it stop after you have been driving say 10 miles? have you done a compression check , and what do the plugs look like ? Is the oil milky looking ? What does the coolent look like ? The ansers to these questions will tell you what is wrong.

hi,

i didnt add alot at all. maybe a 1/4 bottle... juz what was left. the engine was working fine .. my dad said that all it would do is make it better.. now it smokes all the time .. as u reve it up it smokes even more.. i got under the engine and theres oil leaking from an exahoust flang that leeds down to the muffler,, theres not soupose to be oil in there in the first place...my dad said that it could be the oil seals in the cam area.. at least its OHC .. that will make it alot easier.. as for compression and other stuff.. i havent got to to it yet,,, im 17 years old in 12th grade and im playing varsity soccer with double sessions a day...thanks,

steve

Long live the Z ROFL