IGNORED

defects suck

two_fourty_zed

im in one of thows positions where im about to give up, to get the defect off of my zed i need to have proof of a professional rust removal job which has been estimated at $3000 aust (its all under the car and its bad) the outside looks fine. the defect list is long but the rest i can do with minimal cost. but ive only got $2000 to spend and i was planin on some upgrades to performance, whats the point in changing from a four banger that can drill a vp to a six that cant catch a vl. so im trying to find south australian rego plates from a 240zed that are registerable so i can have my baby, this is proving extreemly hard.

can anyone help, im willing to pay for legal plates!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers

=Daniel= :dead:

I am in SA, I have asked around (after I saw your ozdat ad), and couldn't find any of the local guys willing to do it, mainly due to the legal implications if they get caught, they are not going to give you plates traceable to them, you also need the firewall number as well. Is your Z really that bad, it looks cosmetically OK.

If you do decide to give up, let me know, I could sure use some of the bits off your Z on mine, and I am local too, so when it all gets too much, give me a yell and I will drag it away :)

two_fourty_zed,

Sorry to here about the corrossion. This problem must be pretty bad for them to hammer you like that, considering how the zed looks on the outside. In your gallery I see a second S30 body is that yours too. Maybe you can transfer onto that and get it on the road, you can then repair the underbody in your own time when you can afford it.

Cheers

Steve:classic:

im in south aust, the body looks dam fine, the rust is from the inside out, the cops picked it 2 bits, even surface rust on the radiator braket has to be repaired. the other zed isnt mine, its the guy i bought this one off of. thanx for the replys fellas. and extra thanx to z kid. ps, im not gonna give up this easily, it just means its gonna take alot more time

cheers

=Daniel=:dead:

I was just looking at the carport and fence, and thinking jeez that looks familiar, and I can remember he had a white 240. When I was browsing, he had three Z cars, he had the 260, the green and very rusty 240 shell (he paid 600 for inspite of the yarn he tells) and a white one with a sunroof. Not being derogatory, but if you didnt get the paperwork with the Z, it may pay to go and check exactly what the defect was for (I think it was defected when he got it and originally came from the adealide hills)

Good Luck

Chris

yeh, he gave me the defect papers. its a long list. it originaly came from stirling, the guy who had it must have been sum dud, he hadnt even tightend the seat belt bolts befor taking it through regency! i also suspect that victor was driving the 240 while it was defectd (the spare was well shreaded)