Steering Rack - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Steering Rack

Featured Replies

My steering rack seems to have tightened up. I haven't come in contact with anything, but the steering has gotten very heavy. I recall the thread about the missing clamp, and will check that this evening. Is there anything else I can try without disassembling the front end?

Has the rack ever been greased? Another often overlooked piece is the top bearing on the strut.... they fill with water and garbage and can cause heavier than normal steering....:ermm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.