IGNORED

240Z 4 Sale in Brisbane

aardvark

I'm looking at selling my 240z. It's going in the local trading post probably this week. I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested first.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

1973 Datsun 240Z

The body was fully restored about 9 years ago by original owner. NO RUST, NO DENTS, Bodywork is in excellent condition.

All badges, original steering wheel.

The interior has been professionally reskinned to match the exterior. Suits the car extremely well.

NO CRACKS in the dash.

Engine bay is original. Car runs very well. Mechanically everything runs fine (Im not a mechanic though)

New tyres, new engine immobiliser and new muffler. Period mag wheels

Price: $9500 - $10,000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This car turns a lot of heads. However, I need a four door car in a hurry so it's got to go. I'll have some photos uploaded into my gallery in a day or so. I know its not cheap but its as close to perfect I could find when I was looking.

Nathan Ashton

Hi aardvark,

I have a few questions for you firstly is the car in original condition, with paint and interior trim colours, Q1 what are they.

my next question is how old is the car Q2 what is the body number and compliance date. Do you still run the original L24, Q3 what is its number. How many miles on the clock, Q4 MILES. Does the Zed live in a garage Q6 manual or auto. Can you post some pictures of the Z.

Cheers

Steve :classic:

Hi Steve,

1.) There should now be an exterior photo in my gallery (I hope). The car is metallic bronze / brown and the paint is in excellent condition. The interior has been professionally redone in a similar colour (seats, door trims, boot trim) the dash is in excellent and has been reskinned.

2.) I'll have to get back to you with the numbers

3.) Apparently the motor isn't the original one that came with the body but it is a standard L24 with Hitachi carburettors. Runs very well. Number later

4.) The speedo says 43000 miles. Not sure whether that is 143000 or 243000.

5.) Has lived in a garage for the last 10 years and is a 3 speed auto.

I'll have some photos when I find a digital camera.

Cheers

Nathan

Steve

I think I found the numbers you were after.

The compliance plate has the following info.

Compliance Date : 9/73

Car No. HS30-103634

Engine No. LS24-189527

Stamped on the engine I found the number

LS24-189527

Hope that helps.

Nathan

Nathan,

I had a look at the picture in the gallery. That is one straight clean looking 240Z. And from where I am sitting it also appears to be the youngest 240Z around. Exactly what the purists are after great car well looked after and matching numbers. I think your pricing will present a keen local Zed fanatic with an absolute bargain (if they are smart). Wish I had the cash and was local still I would be coming over for a look in a flash.

If you do get a chance post up an interior pic, I think people will be really impressed.

Good luck

cheers

sitting it also appears to be the youngest 240Z around

Do you mean the youngest 1973 model?

Looks like a very nice car indeed... I'll be interested to see what the interior looks like. wish it was in Perth...:cry:

Halz,

From the information I have been putting together this Zed has the highest serial that I have found, as we both know the other markets recieved late serials as well. Maybe the UK may have a higher serial. The best thing about this one is the great condition. I thought the guys in Brisbane would have been to see it by now.

I agree with you, some pics of the interior would be great.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

No luck so far. I'm now getting pretty keen to sell this thing. I've had a few lookers but mostly stickbeakers. I'm negotiable on the price. I've been told by quite a few people that this Z is almost perfect.

Is there anything else I can do to help sell this car sooner?

Nathan

Nathan,

Your car is beautiful..no reason why it shouldn't sell. I would be very keen on it myself if it was a manual or not in Queensland. Hard to justify the effort of buying a car so far away that is not quite what I'm after.

you should also try advertising in:

www.ozdat.com.au

www.carsales.com.au

www.carpoint.com.au

www.autotrader.com.au

www.ndsoc.com.au (get in touch with comitee via the website - very helpful)

www.trading-post.com.au

Note that some of these will overlap with state newspapers but I've found this selection will pretty much give you Australia-wide exposure.

Hayden.