IGNORED

Where to attach rotisserie

Z Kid

I have done a search,a nd come up with some conflicting answers, I was planning to attach the front of my rotisserie to the bumper mounts (is just a bare shell) but many seem to use the tow hook points, its nearly made at bumper mount stage, will this be ok?

Cheers Chris

• 1 month later...

Well, In the end I answered it myself, I ended up using the bumper mounting points front and rear, I can pick up the front of the car on the rotisserie points and it doesnt seem to flex much/at all, so I think it will be ok. Never got my car on the rotisserie, because I hurt my back holding the front up and trying to drag the rotisserie over to the car simultaneously. The moral of this story is, Use something thinner than 8mm thick angle iron to build your rotisserie, and get a friend to help putting the car on it. Will these points be ok, I will post pics soon in my galler, but its cold and dark now.

Cheers Chris

I asked because on the early 240's the inside panel beside the headlight scoops is where the front bumper mounts. I tried to use that when designing my rotisserie plans. It flexed too much side to side and I feared it would not hold the car while rotated over in a 90* position.

The better way (I think) is to use the existing tow hook mounting holes on the bottom of the radiator support. They are already drilled and tapped so all you have to do is locate the holes in your mount system.

My front mounts pivot from the actual bumper location, but they drop down 7" to cradle the bottom of the radiator support.

See my thread on rotisserie plans for downloadable drawings that you can use to build a set of stands. I build and sell stands but the shipping to Australia would be too much.

Although, I will build and ship a set to you in exchange for one of the Dashboard Restoration's new dash covers! :cheeky:

Yeah that was one of my main concerns, I will weld on a couple of supports and run them down to the tow hook mounting points before I put it on the stand. Thanks for the link to your post, mind you your rotisserie is much higher tech than mine (If there is such thing as a high tech rotisserie ):classic: