IGNORED

Where do I find door to fender rubber

JEFF

I'm trying to find the rubber that is attached with push pins/clips at the top front of the doors on a '72 240z. The rubber seals between the door and the fender for wind noise I think.

VB did not have it, Datsun Dude did not have it, MSA did not have it, Where else do I look?

- Jeff

Are you referring to the front door seal? I just replaced both of mine at the beginning of the season, and I got them from MSA, part numbers 34-1103 (left) and 34-1104 (right), and 40-3969 for the clips. Also, in case you need it, the VB part numbers are 59-814 (left) and 59-815 (right), and 79-660 for the clips.

I just called MSA, and they said they should have their front door seals back in stock tomorrow.

Si|v3r72 - I'm not looking for the seal that goes around the door opening - The piece that I need is only about 8-10 inches long. It's mounted to the door above the hinges. I did not go look up the part #'s you posted - Are they what I described?

- Jeff

Jeff, the part you need is the one I described (not the piece that goes all the way around the door). The part numbers are from the latest catalogs. Both listed @ $14.95 EA, but MSA told me over the phone they wated $18.95. I did not call VB.

Also, if you order from MSA, be sure to have them specify wether or not the seal has rivet holes. I ordered both left and right with rivets, and neither seal had holes for rivets. I figured they had to be glued anyway so the lack of holes didn't matter.

And btw, you can call me Tom. My nick is stupid :P.