IGNORED

Triple Webers or Dual SUs?

Chino 240Z

Gavin, from reading your entries, I know you can handle rebuilding these SUs, no problem. Steve has been racing for many years at ZTherapy and has alot of knowledge to share to us all. I hunted and purchased 3 good books on Z carbs, shop manuals, and they still leave alot of questions. But when you listen to Steve discuss the history, good & bad points, problem areas, tune-up hints, and watch him take the SUs apart, rebuild, install and tune on the car. . . Dude, we were out in the garage before the end of the 1st tape and had the job done. The SU carb is a funky design but it works, (you do need the 3 major components of the carb set up proper to perform at it's best) and is often put onto larger engines.

If you purchase a set of his carbs, you have 30 days to send back the cores (your old SUs)without a core charge. If you want machine polished carbs with reanodized gold hardware buy his set. They look sharp and run better than new. If you don't care about stained, dull carbs you should buy his rebuild kits and keep your old ones. He also offers a selection of main jet needles for a more hot-rod tuneup. Oh if you buy his SU carbs or rebuild kits, they come with the videos. If you already have the videos he will drop the price of the carbs or rebuild kits.

Gavin, I once had 2 custom Fender guitars built here in California and sent them to a mate in East Ballarat, Victoria Australia, and it wasn't to difficult. So I think you can if you really want to. Let me know if you need help.

Good luck, talk to ya later. . .

Craig

Hey Phred,

When I was talking to Steve @ ZTherapy over the phone he mentioned 3 1/2 was more than enough. And I'll have to look at the video again, but I think they talked about the fuel pressure being from 3 to 3 1/2. . .

I recall some old Webers I had once didn't need alot of fuel pressure either.

John has a good point..is your fuel tank vented properly?

In another life I had a 200b SSS with twin su's and had the same thing happen(a few times)..and it turned out to be that the tank breather was blocked(which only played up when the fuel cap sealed properly)....

it used to flood like a bitch!!!!