sennavsprost wheel ? - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

sennavsprost wheel ?

Featured Replies

I first wanted to say that I love the look of your car. When I was growing up my dad built a lot of hot rods and most ended up in flat black. It makes cars look mean.

My questions are about the wheel/tire/suspension set up you have on your car. I can see you have wanatabes, but what size front and back? What is the backspacing? What make and size tire are you running in the drifting pictures? Are the flares on your car the ZG Flares from MSA? If not who makes them? My last question is about your suspention. It looks like your car is lowered, if it is how much? Are you running coilovers?

Sorry that I'm trying to get specifics, I have been searching the forums for answers for a while and have been getting mixed answers. I basically want the same stance on my car with ZG Flares. Due to the difficulty of getting Wanatabes, I will be buying Minilites new TransAm wheels, which is very similar.

Thank you very much in advance.

Dave has 14x7 or 14x8 watanabes.

His sus is KYB shocks with Ground Control coilovers.

Does that help?

THanks for the compliments! I'll pass it on to him if he doesn't see this....

-e

About the flares - yes they are the ZG ones but no we did not get them from MSA - instead they came from Les Cannaday over at Classicdatsun.com - he's in the town of VIsta just outside of San Diego - he's got the best 432 replica rear spoiler I've seen too this side of the pacific...

-e

...maybe I should have my morning cup of coffee BEFORE I answer posts... Dave's front wheels are not wats - they are actually Longchamps XR-4 also in 14"

-e

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

EricB,

I'm not sure we're talking about the same car. The rims look like wanatabes, but look to be at least 15 or 16 inch rims. The car I'm talking about is in sennavsprost gallery and in the post about drifting (still in last 100 posts.) It's called "has anyone ever drifted with."

I can't figure out how to insert an image to posts yet.

  • Author

Does anyone know how to have a picture show up in a post?

I can't seem to get it to work.

  • Author

Picture

1953themoneyshot-med.jpg

I finally figured out how to post a picture. I get great satisfaction in figuring things out by myself, it just takes longer.

yes we are talking about the same car

it's just that in THAT money shot Dave's Z is wearing my watanabes which are 15x8.5 front and 15x9 rear

does it all make sense now?

-e

  • Author

EricB,

That makes a lot more sense. So I guess my question should be directed to both of you then. You for your wheel and tire specs, and sennavsprost for his suspension set up. Thank you for your previous answer about the ZG flares, they appear to fit very well and seem to be a higher quality then others I've seen.

Is this a picture of both of your cars from your gallery?

1574dscf2105-med.jpg

  • Author

I've done research on this and think this set up will work. I want to be sure before I order though.

240z with ZG flares (from ClassicDatsun.com), stock suspension.

15x8 wheels front and rear with 4 inch backspacing.

245/50/15 Dunlop SP Sport 8000 front and rear.

I will be cutting metal out of wheel well arches, the rears are a little rusty anyway.

I would also like to lower the car a little, maybe an inch, by using stiffer and shorter springs.

Rims can be machined for any bolt pattern, but only come with between 4 and 4.5 inch backspacing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.