Looking for High Quality Firewall Insulation - Buy or Do It Yourself Options - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Looking for High Quality Firewall Insulation - Buy or Do It Yourself Options

Featured Replies

I started looking at my original firewall insulation, and unfortunately, one of the three pieces (right side) is in rather poor condition.  

I found myself searching for options, looking at what others have done.  I found a few posts about the carpet snaps/posts, but not much about anyone who has found suitable materials to reproduce the look of the factory firewall insulation.  

I like the look of mass loaded vinyl in pictures I have seen, such as this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373136954065

image.png

 

I have found by reading descriptions that "1 lb" mass loaded vinyl equates to 1/8" thickness.  I think that is close to what the original material thickness is.  The description for this particular item says "For automotive applications, use a decoupling layer of jute or closed cell foam."  

Anyone have experience with using materials that they would recommend?  

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.