IGNORED

Looking for High Quality Firewall Insulation - Buy or Do It Yourself Options

inline6

I started looking at my original firewall insulation, and unfortunately, one of the three pieces (right side) is in rather poor condition.  

I found myself searching for options, looking at what others have done.  I found a few posts about the carpet snaps/posts, but not much about anyone who has found suitable materials to reproduce the look of the factory firewall insulation.  

I like the look of mass loaded vinyl in pictures I have seen, such as this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/373136954065

image.png

I have found by reading descriptions that "1 lb" mass loaded vinyl equates to 1/8" thickness.  I think that is close to what the original material thickness is.  The description for this particular item says "For automotive applications, use a decoupling layer of jute or closed cell foam."  

Anyone have experience with using materials that they would recommend?