IGNORED

Source For Replacement Bulb Sockets / Holders for instrumentation ?

HusseinHolland

I have at least one socket with broken/dried out tabs for the HVC control panel - I'm not finding anything searching for repalcement sockets in general - has anyone found a generic / aftermarket bulb holder/ socket that will clip in place, that also has the correct bulb depth? I know the bulb socket for the low fuel light will fit here - so I will likely cut the harness on that & use it here. I'd still like to know if there are any useable options for the instrumentation.

PXL_20230930_211923952.MP.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland

1 minute ago, SteveJ said:

I have used wedge (194) sockets to replace bulb sockets in my 260Z. These aren't the ones I used, but I think they may do a good job of staying where you need them: https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-Wedge-Light-Instrument-Socket/dp/B00W8W5MR4

Thank you Steve! I ordered those to see if they fit OK.

• Agree 1

On 9/30/2023 at 9:31 PM, HusseinHolland said:

Thank you Steve! I ordered those to see if they fit OK.

I ordered a set, too. It takes a little pressure to push them through the hole, but it's not very snug. On the other hand, I think they may stay in place better than some other wedge socket swaps I have done in the past.