IGNORED

240/260Z Intakes

Randalla

Going through my parts stash this afternoon I noticed I have intake manifolds with four different casting numbers, E46, E88, N33, and N36. Seems like I've also seen one in the past with an N37 casting number. This raised a few questions: Are there other casting numbers out there for 240 and 260 carbureted Z cars? Which casting numbers went with which years? Are there any differences between them in terms of flow characteristics? Seems like I've seen some discussion on here in the past with regard to the last question but I can find it with the search function. I'd be interested in answers to all three questions. Thanks guys.   

From information I collected years ago:  The E46 were on the 69-71 four screw SU's.  The E88 were on the 72 three screw SU's (water passage at the bottom).  The N33 were on the 73 flat tops.  The N36 were on the 74 flat tops.

Like I said this is from maybe 2010 and some variations may apply.  It was my understanding the N36 were the best flowing of all of them.

Bonzi Lon

Thanks Bonzi Lon. I wonder if anyone has ever flowed these different intakes and if there's enough difference to matter for anyone doing a performance build. For those of you with Rebello motors, which intake did they use on your motor's build???

• Like 1