IGNORED

Early 71 vs Late 71 Dash Harness

Richie G

I have a 6/71 which should have the earlier harness with the longer pig tail fuse box connections.  Seems the PO mixed and matched some stuff from a 72 or later and I think I have a late 71 / 72 dash harness and short pig tail fuse box.  As I start on the dash area restoral couple of questions if you don't mind.  First, are there any major differences with the harness I need to worry about or as long as the fuse box matches the harness I should be good?  Everything seemed to be working off dash / console except the radio and rear defrost but I know why.  The rear defrost had the inline fuse holder broken (needs replacing) and the radio was something he just threw in there.  I have an original seek AM I'm going to try and get to work (supposedly it does) and it seems to match up with all the connectors.

As I trace everything though it seems there are a few things unconnected if someone can identify these please

What's this blue/red connector on the heater panel section?  And this blue bullet connector maybe is power to the optional air conditioner?

image.jpeg

And this green / black connector coming off the rear defrost line?  Maybe the optional door lights?

image.jpeg

Any help appreciated.

16 hours ago, Richie G said:

And this green / black connector coming off the rear defrost line?  Maybe the optional door lights?

image.jpeg

Could this green / black be the seat belt lights in the later consoles?  Makes sense since it's located with the rear defrost switch wiring.

That could mean these two are the power for the ac switch and the power for the door lights maybe?

16 hours ago, Richie G said:

What's this blue/red connector on the heater panel section?  And this blue bullet connector maybe is power to the optional air conditioner?

image.jpeg