Machine work on SU carbs - Carburetor Central - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Machine work on SU carbs

Featured Replies

Getting ready to clean carbs up and just notice the front of the carbs have been machined at angle to butter fly. I have never seen this done on SU carbs.

Has anyone else seen this done?KIMG0670.JPG

I'm guessing it doesn't do much one way or the other. Doesn't make things much better, but pretty sure it wouldn't make things worse.

Did they do the same thing on the exit end at the butterfly?

  • Author

No. not machined on the exit

I'm thinking a PO was running a velocity stack snout or was matching the hole to the back of a non-stock air cleaner or something.

  • Author

The PO had fun with the air cleaner. He cut long slots all along the top and bottom of it. Thats what I was thinking the stacks but non where on the car when I saved out of a farm field.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.