IGNORED

280zx turbo engine on test stand with Air/Fuel

Dave WM

here is the latest, I have mocked the core support opening and have a possible solution to the S bend needed to go from the back of the AFM to the stock inlet pipe. I did not see that on your pic CGSheen1, I presume you used the OE inlet pipe, on my mockup there was no way of it connecting directly to the AFM with out the S bend. Anyway I will update later on my possible solution if it works out. 

If I can get that done the remaining items:

Removed the AFM support perch, install rivnuts to it can be reversed later if I want to go back

Make up the umbilical cord to allow running of the test stand from the cars harness directly. This eill be to test out my wiring, including starting, and tach readings. 

Fab some  kind of air filter housing. I am leaning towards a stock housing with a modified outlet pipe to fit the 3 inch AFM. OR try to see if I can figure out a ZX housing. I really want a proper housing since I do not want to worry about rain etc.. on a cone type. 

After that the only remaining issue will be to pull the engine, and do the swap. I am not sure if I will use the MSA pipe or try to plumb from the down pipe back to the cat. I can not imagine a way to mock up that so it will just have to wait until I have the swap done. 

This AFM relocation effort so far has been the biggest hurdle, I hope I have my mock up measurements correct.