IGNORED

Wiper Blade Replacement

ckurtz2

Hey guys,

I have a 1977 280z coupe that I have been driving without windshield wipers for quite some time now. Bit me in the arse this weekend when I was driving pretty hard on some canyon roads and then a torrential downpour occured😎Needless to say the hazards came on haha. Anyways I have the old blades sitting here with me, but I can't find a proper replacement, as there are so many options of uglier modern ones. Can anyone tell me what type of blades I have and if I should keep them, do a wiper refill, or if I should swap to something else. Problem is I have no idea where, or what size refill I would need. These look like they are also possibly missing the end clips but im not positive. Here are photos of what I have. Thank you!

IMG-0079.jpg

IMG-0078.jpg

IMG-0077.jpg

IMG-0075.jpg

Are you able to confirm this? I dug further and of course 77-78z cars have different wiper blades then the rest. Interesting those inserts are break to fit, but if it fits then no complaints there. Thank you

@DatsunZGuy you are the man. I went to Orielly and had them ship in Trico 47-600, Trico 47-700, and 47-800. 47-600 was much to small in width, 47-800 was too large. 

So if anyone sees this thread in the future and has the 77-78 280z model, keep you blade and just "refill" the rubber with Trico 47-700 wiper refills. I had to just barely bend the claws on the blade, but nothing crazy at all to make it fit. Cost me a whole 9$😃.

• Like 3