IGNORED

280z Antenna Mast

ckurtz2

Back again.

This time on working on the power antenna. It used to work perfectly until a friend pushed it down while it was up:( So motor and internals are solid. I knew it probably messed up the old nylon wire inside, and it in fact did. As you can see from the photo it got all mushed and is no longer straight, as well as it came off the track inside the motor.

Anyways, two questions, How do I remove the nylon cable from the mast itself? It seems like it is stuck in there good. I see the brass end peice, but for the life of me I can't remove it, only spin it. Is it crimped on where those dimples are? wondering if I should drill those areas out, as I don't see any other option to remove the dimples.

In addition, how far is that top portion supposed to extend. I put a green arrow pointing two the joint, and it seems stuck there. I can see a slight crimp in the metal like it possible bent, but I am not positive. Every part of the antenna moves up and down except this section.  If its bent am I pretty much screwed? I would have no idea where I could get a replacement mast for this.

Need some antenna experts here:)

Thanks

IMG-3414 (1).jpg

IMG-3412.jpg

Doing lots of research. My mast is in fact bent:( Seems like there are no replacement masts out there anymore for these cars. Does anyone have a mast they would part ways with? Otherwise, it seems like I would have to just buy and wire in a new AM unit. Good condition used ones are just too much $ for an antenna.