IGNORED

'78 280Z 2+2 Fuel Pump - Filter Screen

tranman

Greetings, new owner of an old 78 280Z 2+2,  my 1st post so be gentle.....

I put a hole in the filter screen of the fuel pump when I was trying to take it out to clean.  Didn't realize it used a screen. Is there a place to buy replacement/alternate filters screen?   Would adding an inline fuel filter such as the Fram G3 in front of input nozzle be good enough?

NOTE: I search through this forum and ran across a reference to http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fuelpump/index.html  which was where I realized there was a fuel screen.  The image below is from the link.

screen.jpg

Welcome!

I know of no replacement for that screen but others might. 

Yes, some of us install an in-line fuel filter between the fuel tank and the fuel pump to protect the pump. I use Wix filters but I think the Fram G3 filters are the same. I think I use wix 3302 (5/16 hose fittings) for a 240z and 3303 (3/8 hose fittings) for a 280z. I replace the filter each year.

• Agree 1