'78 280Z 2+2 Fuel Pump - Filter Screen - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

'78 280Z 2+2 Fuel Pump - Filter Screen

Featured Replies

Greetings, new owner of an old 78 280Z 2+2,  my 1st post so be gentle.....

I put a hole in the filter screen of the fuel pump when I was trying to take it out to clean.  Didn't realize it used a screen. Is there a place to buy replacement/alternate filters screen?   Would adding an inline fuel filter such as the Fram G3 in front of input nozzle be good enough?

NOTE: I search through this forum and ran across a reference to http://atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/fuelpump/index.html  which was where I realized there was a fuel screen.  The image below is from the link.

screen.jpg

Welcome!

I know of no replacement for that screen but others might. 

Yes, some of us install an in-line fuel filter between the fuel tank and the fuel pump to protect the pump. I use Wix filters but I think the Fram G3 filters are the same. I think I use wix 3302 (5/16 hose fittings) for a 240z and 3303 (3/8 hose fittings) for a 280z. I replace the filter each year.

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.