IGNORED

heads??

two_fourty_zed

hi, I have no idea how to identifiy the different zed heads without taking them off of the block. can anyone give us a tip?

i know that the N-42 is the big valve/ good ports, but whts the P-## and the E-88???

are there any other heads i should know about before i choose one for my good engine??

cheers

=Daniel=

• 2 weeks later...

In the US the P-90 & P90a are turbo heads . Low compression with milling they are reported to be the way to go . they are the last of the L-engine refinements. Square ports . the E-88 are from early engines E-31 , E-88 & N-42 are form ' 70--'76 . N-47 & P79 are from '77--'83 and have round sleaves in diamond shaped ports . All the intake ports are round. I took .030" off a P-79 and that gave me 9.5 to 1 and large valves and the shape of combustion chamber that performs , so they say. Who ever they is. If you dont take any more than 30 from the head then you dont need to shim the towers. Hope this helps. Gary:classic: