IGNORED

Instument panel all light not working

paulreverex

Hello all,

My instrument panel on my 1973 240z will not light up. It initially went out when my combo switch burnt out, literally smoke coming from the steering wheel. I have since had the switch refurbished but the dash has not come back on. The fuses in the fuse box in the center console look intact. I am not sure if there another fuse I need to look for? Any help is great.

Thank you for your time!

Take a Volt-meter and measure if there is power on the potentiometer that is under your dash that controls the dash lights. Could be that this one is gone bad? If not then check further back in the wiring untill you have voltage on it.. somewhere you will find the problem..

5 hours ago, paulreverex said:

. I have since had the switch refurbished but the dash has not come back on.

Or you forgot a cable.. although i don't think that that's the case as the dash lights are on the same contact as the car lights .. i GUESS!!  (take also a look at the schematics for that!  you find the schematics on this site! under: resources/downloads! )