IGNORED

Staggered panel edges

Broman

3 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

Could it be that the lower part is a non-original part? maybe a pic less close.. would explain more?  I assume you have the part with the turn indicator hole that fits under the sugarscoop / headlight bezel.. there but i don't recognize it as such..

That is correct.  This pic tries to show the lower valance (that has the large hole for the turn signal) mounting to the headlight bezel.

17 hours ago, Broman said:

This pic tries to show the lower valance

But i can't see it very well..  i also think, as i got some originals lying around, yours is not that same (original USA not the euro version) panel where the turnsignal light fits into?  IIRC the hole sits lower in that part. Maybe you have a pic of "the bigger picture"  (less detailed.) ?

18 hours ago, dutchzcarguy said:

But i can't see it very well..  i also think, as i got some originals lying around, yours is not that same (original USA not the euro version) panel where the turnsignal light fits into?  IIRC the hole sits lower in that part. Maybe you have a pic of "the bigger picture"  (less detailed.) ?

Sorry, here is a wider pic of the situation.  I need to apologize for the fuzziness...by iPhone camera lens cracked and I haven't had time to replace it.

image.png

It could be.. that the lower part has to go OVER the upper part..(seen from the front like the pic.)  not behind it ??  To long ago that i worked on a 240 but could that be it? or no original part..

A lot of people work on cars without checking the serv.manual... very unwiZe.. it's on this site for free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOOK in it to see how things have to work together!