Rough Running - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Rough Running

Featured Replies

Hey guys, just a small question

I bought a 73 240z automatic a couple of weeks ago. Its in great condition and everything works fine except or two things.

1.) I was at the lights the other day. When I accelerated the engine nearly stalled and it took about 3 seconds before it ran properly. It then ran really rough for about another 6 seconds with the car surging occassionally and I heard the engine "pinging"

2.) On the highway at 100kmh the car tends to surge sometimes in a pulsing manner. The tacho doesn't show any noticeably rise or fall in rpm but you can feel it.

I've booked it in to see a mechanic next weeks but any ideas would be great.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.