IGNORED

Parts for Sale: Datsun 280zx, A series, L series, 510, 1200 Matchbox distributor breaker plate repair kit.

kickstand80

Datsun 280zx, A series, L series, 510, 1200 Matchbox distributor breaker plate repair kit.

79-83 280zx distributor breaker plate repair kit. 22136-H9501   22158-S6700

Greeting everyone. I rebuilt my distributor from my 1981 280zx. When I took it I took it apart guess what I found, yep the plastic bearing holder had broken and the bearing were in the bottom of the distributor. I sourced a good distributor and removed the plastic bearing holder and sent it to an engineering firm that specializes is plastic molding/printing and had them redesign/reinforce the weak spots in the bearing holder and I have had a small batch of them produced. I have sourced proper size replacement bearings.
The breaker plate comes apart pretty easy, but pay attention and take pictures.  I still have 30-40 of these left from first production run. I will make more when I run low so Yes I still have them. I will look into international shipping and get a quote if you send me an address. FYI it has taken as long as 6 weeks for parts to get to Australia due to US Customs. So keep that in mind when ordering from overseas.

This will fit the A series, L series Matchbox distributors. 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder. Will not fit Pre-79 but I will have 73-78 retainers VERY soon.

$25.00 for the bearing retainer and 3 new bearings. The price includes shipping to the lower 48. 

Here is a video of a youtuber using my breaker plate to repair his distributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0bseYm0tHI&t=76s

My contact information

Craig Haug

chaug@bis.midco.net

seven-zero-one 471-fifteen, thirtyfour

Parts are located in North Dakota

• Advertiser
    kickstand80
  • Date
    04/09/2022
  • Price
    $25
  • Category

Can you describe the material and the process used to make it?  It looks interesting.  I made a time stamp of the video that shows the broken bearing holder.  for the impatient people.  Good luck, think about doing the 280Z distributors.  They have the same problem.  Even the points distributors.  240Z repro parts might be a good market.

The redesigned bearing retainer is made from hi temp ABS plastic and is 3D printed by a specialty company located in Bismarck North Dakota. I have removed all the holes except where the bearings go and I doubled the plastic thickness of the material around the bearings themselves. The retainer maintains the origional thickness and the bearing are new and the correct size. I am working on th pre 79 breaker plate bearing retainer upgrade, it is a little more complicated than the 79-83.  Here is a closeup of my bearing retainer.

20201005_142053.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 year later...