IGNORED

Cars for Sale: 1975 280Z "museum car" for sale

cgsheen1

1975 280Z "museum car" for sale

Bob still wants to sell this 1975 280Z. This is the car we had up on BAT in 2019. There have been a few modifications since then.

The bidding on BAT went up to $27,000 which didn't meet the reserve.

This car has 4,800 original miles. 

It is almost all original and in excellent condition.

Since then we installed a Nissan stereo radio - this wouldn't have been offered in 1975 and is out of a later model 280Z. We also removed the bumpers, pistons and bumper trim and installed "Euro or JDM style" thin bumpers - stainless steel with no holes. Bob had us install an aluminum radiator when he first brought the car to Arizona which caused a bit of a stir on BAT. We removed the aluminum radiator and installed a stock brass radiator.

The story behind the car is this: It was originally purchased in Pennsylvania and traded in with relatively low miles to Thompson Toyota in Doylestown, PA. Thompson Toyota kept it in their collection until 2013. They sold it to the current owner with a dealer verified 4,000 miles on the odometer. I have the paperwork. It now has a clean Arizona Title ready for transfer.

The original wheels, tires, and hub caps will come with the car. It has the original spare tire in the well. It is currently on new tires and alloy wheels. All the stock bumper parts are in excellent condition and will come with the car.

Even though I've only put up 4 pictures from the BAT auction time period, I have hundreds and can take current pictures for anyone interested. And I'll answer any questions as quickly as possible.

Personally I don't think of this as an excellent, original, low milage 280Z - I look at it as an excellent starting point. The buyer will never need to look for interior pieces or replacements for worn out weatherstrip, or trim items, The car has rarely been on the road so the sheet metal, undercarriage, frame rails, and entire unibody are in excellent condition. As are all the lights, lenses, and exterior trim. Gauges, switches, wiring and connectors are all nearly perfect. A great platform for whatever future modifications you want to make.

I'm not posting a price - I'm open to serious offers - but keep in mind the final offer on BAT...

• Advertiser
    cgsheen1
  • Date
    11/10/2021
  • Price
  • Category
  • Year
  • Model
    280Z
  • Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
    HLS30-211146

• Like 1