Brake Booster/Master Issue? - Page 2 - Wheels & Brakes - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Brake Booster/Master Issue?

Featured Replies

  • Author

I think I have two issues going on here. I replaced the master cylinder last night and the pedal stays firm now, so I believe the old one was bad. I still get the air noise when pressing the pedal though. I replaced the booster hose to be double sure that wasn't the issue. This time I do feel some air coming out around where the hose connects to the booster when the pedal is pressed. It's in a specific spot that I might have missed before. I believe the issue is on or around the push-on fitting on the booster. The new hose fits very snug and has a clamp on it, so I'm confident it's not the hose. I can't see or feel anything well enough to determine exactly where the leak is though. I'm going to have to take the booster off the car to get a better look. I checked the FSM and It doesn't look like there are any seals or gaskets around that fitting that could be replaced even if rebuilt though. Does anyone know if this piece is press fit in or how it might need 'resealed'.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.