IGNORED

No mention of rust on this

shoudt

There is a nice 240z on ebay. I do not know a lot about them, but I have been researching them. I just bout a 1971 1/2 that I have not yet received. When shopping I stopped by to look at this car. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6187&item=2418523199

He was asking $7,900.00 for it in his classified ad. I used the info that I learned on the web and checked the car out for rust. I saw a dime sized hole underneath the back left fender in the structural metal. A bunch of older rust that was treated - I guess, then painted.

I think that because the interior is very sharp and he 'took such good care' of it he did not think to mention that rust.

It is a great car, but from my research I would put it at $4-5,000. I did not want to make him an offer as I did not want to insult him and his opinion of the car. I guess this is why buying a car on ebay could have its downfalls.

But you never know, I just bought one sight unseen (lots of pictures) from a classified ad.

I hope whoever buys this is not disappointed, but then again, they bid, so I guess it is on them.

Super interior though. 70 manufacturer date.

I don't know if it's just the out of focus pics or not, but I notice a lot of waviness in the passengers side dog leg and lower front fender too... could be a sign of repairs to come...:ermm:

I see he updated his description, my car is 749 and this one is 765... probably built the same day.....