1971 240z true garage find in Michigan - Internet Finds - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content
Be cautious of scammers! If you are asked to send Zelle, Paypal, or even gift cards it is likely a scam. Be smart and talk on the phone and trade real photos. Check every profile and never do business with a member who joined less than 6 months ago.

1971 240z true garage find in Michigan

Featured Replies

Update: I have decided to pass on this one. Lots of cancer and owner has someone interested in hauling it away.

1971-240Z.jpg

Edited by Diehard
No longer available.

1 hour ago, Diehard said:

I have access to a 1971 240 that has been in storage for several decades. I plan on purchasing it with the sole purpose of selling it. It is located outside of Detroit and I will essentially be buying it site unseen based on 1 photo sent to me by the owner. Once purchased I will be able to better determine the condition and the history.  At this time you can reach out to me using hzkd7d@yahoo.com and let me know your level of interest. Thank you.

1971-240Z.jpg

Quite dust free for a "garage find".  Why am I skeptical?  

  • Author

Looks like it may have been covered and they might have dusted it off for the pic...Im looking at it tomorrow and will have a better idea. 

23 minutes ago, Diehard said:

Im looking at it tomorrow and will have a better idea. 

That sounds like a better plan than buying it "sight unseen based on 1 photo sent to me by the owner." as mentioned earlier.

Are you familiar with early Zs and know all the possible problem areas to check when you see it?

  • Author

No but any info would be appreciated. I'm no stranger to old cars and I assume rust is a big issue especially for Midwest vehicles. 

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.