IGNORED

Early RHD (1970) Internal fuse box Battery Wiring

khughes

Hi Guys, 

Does anyone have any experience with the early RHD 240Z internal fuse box with the long pig tails? I recently pulled my dashboard out to get reskinned, and while i was at it i replaced my old internal x with the long pigtail MSA fuse box (https://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/50-5011). 

I did label connectors as i took them all off, but i am a little confused with the 2 large White (BATT) connectors on the Fusebox. I didn't get a decent photo when i unplugged everything, but i am pretty sure that the old fuse box was hooked up with a single spade connector going into the loom (though this appears non-original/hacked up by PO, and i am not sure what colour the cable is.. i forgot to check) and the other large spade seems like it was only connected to a power cable for a CD stacker (with a dodgy small spade.. quality).. I also have the smaller White (i think..) cable connected to the fuse box with the standard bullet connection. 

Definitely doesn't match any of the electrical charts i can find online which show there should be 2 large White/Red cables going to these connections on the fuse box.. one to the Ammeter and the other to the Alternator

I have connected the single spade up to the fuse box, and it did allow me to start the car (and the AMP meter works). I have also had a look for where the other white/red cable could be, but can only find it up higher in the loom with a simple Male/Female connector (which looks factory, and old.. so it seems standard).

Can anyone help me out? i need to confirm if the second White/Red needs to be connected on these really early (low Vin 70's) cars, and if so where does/should it go? everything i can find wiring diagram wise looks like it should be connected.. there just doesn't seem to be anywhere for it to go.

Here is the original fuse installed

20200411_154441.jpg.ab589d8de6d27b32e13776fb5a7119ea.jpg

Connections after removing fuse box and heater panel (the CD changer connection that i am 90% sure was connected to the other spade is that yellow cable on the left)

20200411_171115.jpg.243dadecc69450bddbebf530cc0537ef.jpg

MSA fuse connectors (i had to cut off the large white connectors to put on large female spade connectors to suit)

20200913_124329.thumb.jpg.61291add6258b78439ec6b9567b9cbb5.jpg

and finally, the back of the dash showing the standard loom and connectors, and the White/Red male/female connector higher up in the dash

20200913_124324.jpg.6b5764ef62a379a682c02b50a30b0515.jpgIMG-20200912-WA0002.jpg.fb21c0dbec2b2714547b5e9b4652be40.jpg

Appreciate any help you guys can give.. i don't want to put it all back together to find that there is a loose high amp wire floating around somewhere in the dash to cause a fire or something

Thanks

Kent