IGNORED

510 blue vs 305 blue

Martino

I bought a new 280Z in 1976, I thought is was 305 blue but have recently found pix I took of my car and it looks darker than 305 so I looked up the paint colors and found Datsun also offered a 510 Sky blue.  The 510 was offered in the middle of 1976 but I don't remember exactly what month I bought my Z  so it could have been either color.  I scanned the paper pix, the lighting wasn't terrific so I can't tell from the pic.  Can anyone who has ever seen both colors in person try to describe them in a reply?  Or possible posting pix of each color but colors on monitors can be tricky to get right due to several factors, including the light on the day the pic was taken.  I am thinking 510 doesn't have any metallic in it whereas 305 does but I also think there is a shading difference.  I'm searching to buy one like the one I had and would like to know or come close to knowing what color I actually had. 

I've attached a couple of pix of mine that were taken somewhere around 1976/77.  

280Z-3.jpg

280Z-5.jpg

Yea, its hard to tell 305 and 510 apart from looking at individual pix on the internet, would be great to be able to see both colors side by side in the same pic....same lighting, same camera, etc but probably next to impossible :-)    The jury is still out. :mellow: