IGNORED

Getting it wrong with NISSAN GLOBAL

HS30-H

Here's some press content from an official Nissan page on Facebook. The original was written in French, but the version I first saw was identified as coming via Nissan BeNeLux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg). 

So Yutaka Katayama was an automotive "Designer"...? I presume he must have squeezed that particular job in between his time as a pinch hitter for the LA Dodgers, and providing the voice for Scooby Doo in the popular Hanna-Barbera cartoon series 'Scooby Doo, Where Are You?'. Not to mention his popular cookbooks...

Seriously, who writes this stuff? Worse, who sub-edits it? What's happening to Nissan?

Nissan Benelux Facebook post June 22 2020.jpg

Another example. This one has been going on for years and I simply cannot understand why nobody goes back to research it from the source material. Probably a case of a mistake being repeated enough times for it to become laid down like sedimentary rock.

There was never any company called 'Kwaishinsha'. It was 'Kaishinsha'.  

Here's the original Kanji: 快進社

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/COMPANY/PROFILE/HERITAGE/HISTORY/