IGNORED

YOUR RIDE

70 Fairlady Z

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
51 minutes ago, 70 Fairlady Z said:

Welcome and congrats!

Thanks!  

I have to say... I had been waffling around what color to ultimately paint my Z, and seeing your photos is making me lean heavily toward yellow.  It's a nice '70s color that still looks good today.  Originally this car was green (Color code 240) but I want something that pops a bit more :cool:

Yes indeed, that color paint camera matched to Acura Phoenix Yellow. Original color I believe was Lime Yellow, the jury is still out as that color wasn't available until 1972 here. In Japan they tried things out before putting them on the export models. if not Lime Yellow, then Sunshine Yellow. Where in Laurel do you live? I'm in Laurel quite a bit.

13 minutes ago, 70 Fairlady Z said:

Yes indeed, that color paint camera matched to Acura Phoenix Yellow. Original color I believe was Lime Yellow, the jury is still out as that color wasn't available until 1972 here. In Japan they tried things out before putting them on the export models. if not Lime Yellow, then Sunshine Yellow. Where in Laurel do you live? I'm in Laurel quite a bit.

I think I am familiar with the Lime Yellow shade, though that one may look a bit pale since I am considering blue accents.

Maryland City.  Not exactly ideal for this kind of project since there isn't a ton of space, but it's way better than the apartment I lived in before...

Just now, 70 Fairlady Z said:

Sunshine yellow is more pale, lime is bright with a green tint...

Oh your off 198. Will have to have you over to the clubhouse sometime. 

410-693-8184 shoot me a text, what's your name?

Cheers, Kirk

I'd love to see it!

Will do.  I'm Chris.  Good to meet you.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.