240z Emissions question - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z Emissions question

Featured Replies

I'm in the middle of restoring my 240 and I'd really like to have all of the emissions equipment on there for the factory look but I'm wondering if there are any performance or reliability drawbacks.  My emissions parts have all been removed for as long as I've owned it.  I suppose I can disable everything and still have it on the car for looks.  Thoughts?  Also- does anyone have extra emissions parts laying around?  So far I have the two pieces that mount to the balance tube and possibly an air gallery that I hope to be able to clean up and re-use.  Thanks.

Just be sure the air galley doesn't have any rust holes. If it does then exhaust gasses will enter the cabin.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.