IGNORED

Early Style Master Cylinder Dissaembly 240z

Pinbill

Hello,

I am rebuilding the MC on my car. I as able to remove the primary piston assembly from the master cylinder but the secondary piston assembly is stuck in the housing. I only saw one snap ring on the diagram. Should it slide out like the first piston assembly or Is there a trick to get it out? I don't want to get too rough with it and scratch the bore.

Thanks,

Bill

Should be a small screw on the rear/side of the MC, (green screw in picture) undo that to release the secondary piston. You may have to use compressed air to blow it free. If that doesn't work put it in an ultrasonic cleaner with a pine sol/water solution. Will pop free after an hour or two of soaking.Finding seals for the pistons is getting difficult, make sure you get the right ones, had to rebuild mine 3 times as the seals in the kits were the wrong ones.

Roo

s-l1600 (4).jpg

• Like 1