IGNORED

New pix added to website!!

mmagnus

Well I have been working every night on my Z's reassembly since I got it back from the body shop about a month ago. I have added a new page to my website showing some updates on the progress. Hope you enjoy. Comments and questions welcome.

Mark

http://www.my70z.com/reassebly.htm

Feel free to browse the rest of the site by hitting the home button on the bottom of this page.

Hi Mark:

I noticed that your web page indicates that you installed new windshield washing hardware, including nozzles. Where did you find new nozzles? I'd ben told that only the right nozzle is available for the 70-73 Z's. I'd love to get a complete pair if I knew where to get them.

Carl

Sorry for misleading on that. The rest of the hardware is all new but the sprayers were restored to new condition via sandblasting. I do have a set that were polished and look good but dont fit my car. The base of the sprayer is a triangle shape and mine are a rectangle. If you are interested in them I can sell to you.

Mark

Hi Mark:

Did you have the ones that you are installing replated? How did you clean them internally? Run a fine wire through them or? My driver side one is plugged up and I'm afraid that if I stick something into it to unplug it, I'll damage it so that when it does spray it will not spray smoothly and properly. (you know, squirt out in a mangled stream or off to one side or something.) I'll have to look and see which type of base the nozzles on my 72 have.

what I did on my 280 is remove the two sprayers and I boiled them on the stove top for about 10 minutes, that got all the gunk out of them. I then blew on both ends until I could get a nice stream of water going through them. It took about 30 minutes with one that was very clogged with who knows what. As for the tubing, I was going to get one of those expensive kits that are sold on Ebay but I just went to my local Pep Boys and bought some clear vinyl turbing and aftermarket conectors for like 10 bucks. Now i have a great washing system like new. Luckily my motor pumped strong still!!!!

Nick