IGNORED

Death of a Black Pearl

Real638

Saw this last week on Ebay. Used '78 parts in Forth Worth by a seller going by "mazda_nissan_heaven". The parts listing shows the "donor car" in one piece. Although missing all the Black Pearl dress up items as well as its' correct hood, the car was almost certainly originally black, as shown in the shots of the stripped doors that are for sale & shots showing the engine compartment. It also was built in 5/58, (same as the Black Pearl I own), and its' serial # and my car's are about 700 apart. I was in contact with the seller & told him what he probably had, but it appears the car was cut up before the Ebay ads were posted. The car appears to have been basically intact & solid. It also looks like it was running fairly recently. What possessed these guys to part it out is beyond me, but there are some fairly decent '78 parts for sale & if you have a Pearl it just got a little rarer.