IGNORED

Selling car soon - Left Rear Turn Signal Issue - Just need confirmation of routing

ktm

I am selling my Z shortly and am working out a last minute bug that suddenly appeared.  The left rear turn signal voltage drops to 0 under load.  I am getting 12v at the wire, but put a light on it and the voltage drops to 0.  The hazards DO work though.

As I look at the wiring diagram, is the path:  Green from hazard switch into T/S flasher, white from flasher to combo switch, white/black to left rear turn signal?  If so, that will help me greatly narrow down the places to check.

Steve, thank you for that.  It is as I thought (green feeds the T/S relay that turns to white that feeds the combo).

I am measuring directly to ground from the input plug.  I made a jumper between the turn signal plug and the harness plug and was grounding out to the chassis.  It measured 12v when no load was applied and 0 with load applied.  It is **has** to be the combo switch as the white wire is coming out of the T/S flasher to the combo.  The power is fed INTO the flasher from the hazard.  If all turn signals work but the left rear and I am getting 12v there, then it is the combo......I hope.

I will look into tomorrow.  

Edited by ktm

SteveJ, THANK YOU again for that link which confirmed my understanding.  When i measured the voltage on the back side of the actual combo switch itself (not the pins), sure enough the right rear was 0 which confirmed the issue was in the switch.  When I disassembled the switch, the right rear contact was black with carbon scoring and the rear rocker arm was not in contact while the front was.  Some quick scrubs with emery paper and bending the contact fixed it.

• Like 1