IGNORED

73 Heater Control Panel w/Lights

EScanlon

On e-Bay now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2415143400&category=33545

This was the ONLY year that this style was offered. After 73 the style changed.

If you like the looks of the 70 -72 but do not like the fact that it is almost impossible to see the controls at night, then this is the modification for you. It sure beats turning on the map lamp to turn the heater levers.

Simply replace the Heater Control Panel in your car with this one. The light bulb harness will connect with any Red/Blue wire and operate with the dimmer and instrument lights.

Hope this helps someone.

Enrique Scanlon

Originally posted by EScanlon

Simply replace the Heater Control Panel in your car with this one. The light bulb harness will connect with any Red/Blue wire and operate with the dimmer and instrument lights.

Enrique: Have you done this swap? I've read posts from others who claim that the shape is slightly different and required modification to fit properly. I'd like to do it, but not at $125 for the panel. I'm getting good at groping in the dark.

Carl:

I have. Yes there was a small amount of working with it, but overall it's a straight conversion.

In fact, if I recall I posted what I found here.

The ONLY difference is that the bracket that the levers are mounted to is just a tad wider. If you look at your 70 - 72 dash, look at where the HCP mounts, there should be a "lip" for the HCP to rest on. It is that lip that differs between the 73 and the earlier dashes. The 73 has been ground down to accomodate the wider bracket on the bracket.

You CAN mount it in a 72 or 71 dash. Look in my gallery at the interior. I have a 73 HCP with a 72 dash on my 71 . But only folks such as the members here would be able to discern it.

2¢