IGNORED

brake saga

I have been trying to get good brakes for a while. I have been suffering from the double pump method for a while with these brakes. I'll see something in the road, press the brakes nothing, then I let up press again and oh there's something. I went to bleed my brakes and found that my RR drum has a broken bleeder ( anybody know for sure if it is a 7mm x 1.0?). So I figured that this is why I am having bad brakes because I have air in my RR and I can't get it out cuse its broke off. Well I plan on either drilling or tapping it out.

Well in the process of finding a new brake I having been using my emergency brake to closen up the pads so my brakes work alright. Well in doing this I have found with the e brake on my car pulls to one side. Could this be a direct result of the air in the lines or could this be a adjustment needed on the side in the front that is not braking as well as the side that is pulling?

Frankenstein Z

I beat on the car some more today and notice my first observation was wrong. The car pulls no matter if the e brake it up a little or not. So this mean I have one brake working and the other doesn't engage. This must just be adjustment or the an effect from a broken bleeder let air in maybe? I am guessing. What else would cause a brake not to engage besides adjustment or lack of pressure?

Frankenstein Z

First thing I would do is fix the bleeder cause you need to bleed the brakes anyway to eliminate that possibility. Just to be clear, I am assuming the car(240z?) only pulls when you apply the hydraulic brakes and there are no suspension problems. If true, the brake shoe or pad on the side opposite the direction it's pulling is not contacting the drum or rotor with as much force as the opposite pads and shoes. So, there could be air in the lines, severely worn pads or shoes(hear any metal on metal?), adjuster not working on one of rear brakes, debris in brake line, crimped brake line, bad wheel cylinder or caliper, grease or brake fluid on pad or shoe, lots of possibilities. One way to check which wheel would be to jack the car up and see if you can turn the wheel by hand while someone applies the brakes. This may not work if the brakes are still applying enough pressure to the bad wheel to keep you from turning it manually, but not enough to keep the car from pulling. Sounds like your theory on the air in the lines is a good possibility(because of the double pump), so I'd follow your plan and fix that bleeder and bleed the brakes. Then if it still pulls, take drums off and visually inspect rear brakes, then take front tires off and visually check. Often something obvious will be staring you in the face. I'm sure other people on this site will be giving you plenty of other suggestions, so your problem should be resolved shortly. Good luck.