IGNORED

EZ-Wire Question

DoomGazey

11 hours ago, jay plotkin said:

The following are Non Functioning; a/c,, no heat but blower works, rear defrosted, former owner removed radio which I can't imagine is a good sign.Headlights come on but not regularly. So I was told it is probably due to 40 yr old wiring gone bad. So I didn't think a professional restorer would only repair whats not working but recommend a complete rewire.. So before I buy I wanted to know what I would be looking at cost wise. Any ideas?

Unfortunately it's way too open ended question to answer. The only applicable answer for a professional shop would be "Time and materials". If they can't look it up in the fixed rate book, then they can't really provide an estimate. So unfortunately the answer is either fix it yourself or take it to someone and open your wallet.

If you aren't interested or capable of doing it yourself, then the best you could do is to take it to someone you can trust and give them an upper limit? Someone you trust not to inflate the numbers and who will call you if the job is looking like it is going to exceed estimated scope.

All that said, in your original list of issues, most of those are "common" problems with the old Zs and most of them aren't the wiring harness itself, but devices that plug into it. And the A/C issues may not even be electrical at all. Might be leaked out Freon or a vacuum leak.

• Like 1