IGNORED

How does this come out?

mdbrandy

The attached picture is of the grommet on the passenger footwell kickpanel where the cowl drain hose goes through. The drain hose has been removed. It was just loosely glued in place. I'd like to remove this grommet, since as you can see, there is a bit 'O rust on the firewall right beside it that will need to be fixed, and I suspect welding that close wouldn't do it any good. I've poked, prodded, pulled, etc. at it, and it isn't apparent to me how it is attached. It doesn't feel like how the firewall grommets just have a groove that the sheet metal fits in. I've felt around inside the opening, and I actually can't feel a definate edge on the inside, so I'm a little baffled. Any ideas? If I removed the fender, can I see this grommet from the other side?

Thanks.

post-4028-14150792686742_thumb.jpg

Yup, it's #215. I'm looking forward to restoring it as much as I can. It has some pretty serious floor/frame rust issues, but most of that can be fixed with Charlie Osborne's stuff. It's amazing how simple these early cars are. I've probably only spent 20 hours stripping it so far, and in another 20 it'll be nothing but the rolling shell. And that includes taking hundreds of pictures, bagging every bolt and grommet as I take it off, etc.