Robert M

I disconnected the wiring in my 240z and removed the dash. After replacing the dash cover, I reinstalled the dash wiring and installed the dash in the car. The connectors were identified by different color tape on both sides of each connection before removal. The wiring in the car was not touched. When I try to start the car with the ignition switch, the wipers activate and the starter does not get power. I have checked the connections and can not see where the problem lies. I especially checked the ign switch and wiper switch connectors on the steering column and near the fuse box to see if they were crossed. 

Any ideas or suggestions? 

Bob M

Bob,

Before you take my advice, please be aware that when I activate my windshield washer, my radio turns off.

Looking at both ends of the wiring harness, one end terminates at the junction box and it's impossible to plug the wrong plugs together.

The other end has lots of connectors but I'm wondering if the six contact plug behind the ignition switch might be flipped.

Jeff

• 2 months later...